Heiser's Story

The Heiser organization was co-founded in 1917 by Walter Heiser. The original dwelling, located on 7th and Wisconsin Avenue, sold Model T Fords for $345. People traded in their carriages, wagons, even horses towards the purchase of their first car. The dealership moved briefly to Lisbon Ave. before settling in 1932 on North and Prospect Avenues.

In 1938, Mr. Walter Andrews came on with Heiser as the General Manager, and was a key to the company's continued success. During the three years before World War II, Heiser was responsible for one quarter of Milwaukee Ford sales.


Heiser earned a reputation of integrity during the post-war vehicle shortage. Heiser maintained a strict “first come, first served” delivery list, which was not easy to adhere to. When mass production resumed and vehicles were plentiful, customers remained loyal.



Sam Scaffidi was hired at Heiser in 1955 as a salesperson by Phil Tolkan, who was was the Used Car Manager. In fact, he had applied for the job a year earlier, but Tolkan wouldn't hire him because he lacked experience. So, Scaffidi went out and found the toughest sales job he could - selling vacuum cleaners -  and was a success. After selling vacuums for one year to the day, he went back to Heiser. Tolkan, having heard about his success, hired him.

In 1973, Walter Heiser retired. Scaffidi, who was then the Used Car Manager, purchased the company's stock with the help of the Office Manager, the late Milton Berdelman, and the Sales Manager and son of the founder, William Heiser.


In 1977, Heiser bought Falls Lincoln-Mercury in Menomonee Falls. It was unusual for Ford Motor Company to allow one dealer to have two franchises in the same city, but Scaffidi persisted, and it paid off.

Several years later, Heiser opened a Toyota Dealership in Thiensville. After McBain Lincoln-Mercury went out of business, the Heiser Company bought the building and moved their own Lincoln-Mercury dealership from Menomonee Falls to North 76th Street. They proceeded to build a new building to house the Toyota dealership on 76th Street.

In 1986, Heiser purchased an additional Ford franchise and built Northpoint Ford on 76th Street.


In 1990, Heiser purchased Selig Chevrolet in West Allis and created Heiser Chevrolet.

In 2002, Heiser Ford built a new building and moved to Silver Spring Dr. and Green Bay Rd in Glendale, Wisconsin.

In 2005, Heiser purchased Heiser Chevrolet Cadillac in West Bend.

In 2006, Heiser Toyota moved to 11301 West Metro Auto Mall (Formerly West Metro Blvd - the name changed in 2012).


In 2007, Heiser Lincoln Mercury merged with Heiser Ford.

In 2008, Northpoint Ford moved into the old Heiser Toyota building on 76th Street and the Corporate and Central Offices relocated to Heiser Ford in Glendale.

In 2009, Heiser Ford Lincoln Mercury became simply "Heiser Ford Lincoln" when Ford Motor Company stops production of the Mercury vehicle line.



Heiser's Northpoint Ford was transformed into Heiser's Quick Motors, a used car sales lot, in 2012. Heiser's Quicklane and emissions station was also created at that same location on North 76th Street. 



Since then, Heiser has won numerous awards - including the Toyota President's Award, Shepherd Express' Best Domestic Auto Dealership award, the Lincoln President's Award, and we were even named the #1 Lincoln Certified Pre-Owned dealership in the state.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bryan Bulaga is back in action with the Heiser Automotive Group in Milwaukee.

Heiser Is Your GM Card Top-Off Headquarters

4th Of July Special Edition Heiser Newsletter