The Ford Motor Company’s highly successful “Drive One 4 UR School” test-drive program, got its start in 2007 and has become Ford’s most successful test-drive initiative ever, with some 1,500 events held in 49 states since then, garnering approximately 255,000 test drives—and raising more than $5 million for before- and after-school activities across the country.
Needless to say, it’s made a huge difference for many communities and Heiser Automotive Group is honored to help schools in our area.
This year’s Drive One 4 UR School program will put a special focus on Ford fuel efficiency and technology, and include vehicles like:
- 2011 Fiesta—The sharp new Fiesta boasts available features like the automaker’s SYNC in-car connectivity and convenience system, as well as the ability to achieve a best-in-class EPA rating of 40 mpg highway, thanks in part to Ford’s innovative Power Shift six-speed automatic transmission and enhanced electric power-assisted steering (EPAS).
- 2012 Focus—Also featuring Power Shift and EPAS, the all-new Focus brings European driving dynamics and style to the compact segment, as well as available content like the latest MyFord Touch system and Torque Vectoring Control for improved handling. And it, too, can reach 40 mpg highway.
- 2011 Explorer—Ford completely redesigned the iconic Explorer for a new generation of customers, and the result—the 2011 North American Truck of the Year—now offers class-leading fuel economy, the automaker’s terrain management system and the world’s first rear-seat inflatable seat belts.
- 2011 Edge—significantly refreshed for 2011, the Edge is another of Ford’s best-in-class fuel-efficiency leaders. Edge highlights include an advanced V6 engine, with Ford’s twin independent variable camshaft timing, that delivers an unbeatable 19 mpg city/27 mpg highway—and segment-leading power and torque, too.
- 2011 F-150—Now available with a choice of four new powertrains—including a powerful and efficient EcoBoost engine—the best-selling vehicle in America can deliver best-in-class power numbers and a 20 percent boost in fuel efficiency over 2010 models; yet it does so without sacrificing any of its traditional truck-friendly capabilities.
“With oil nearing $100 per barrel and gasoline prices continuing to rise, consumers’ consideration for fuel economy once again is taking top billing,” said Ken Czubay, Ford vice president, U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “We have a great opportunity to showcase our fuel-efficient lineup at this year’s Drive One 4 UR School events, while at the same time helping schools raise money for valuable programs and activities that might otherwise be eliminated.”
At our local event guests can also enter to win a Garmin GPS System and an iPad. Other activities that will be going on include:
· A craft/ vendor fair, bake sale (proceeds go to the MACC Fund)
· Refreshment Stand (proceeds also going to the MACC Fund)
· Fun for the kids which includes inflatable rides, pumpkin decorating and more!
We look forward to seeing you there and to your help in proving “Anything’s Possible” in Southeastern Wisconsin.
Mary Ann Scaffidi