The Fiesta has many standard and special features. Some of the standard features include:
- Front center floor console with two front and one rear cup holder and cell phone holder
- Auxiliary audio input jack and USB port
- Front door trim storage bins, cup holders and soft cloth inserts
- Rear window defroster
- AM/FM stereo with single CD player, MP3 capability with six-speakers
- Electronic Power Assisted Steering (EPAS)
- Macpherson strut front suspension
- Twist beam rear suspension
- 4-wheel Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
- 1.6 Duratec Ti-VCT I4 engine
- Personal Safety System
- Front-seat side airbags
- Safety Canopy System with side-curtain airbags and rollover sensor
- Driver's knee airbag
- 3-point safety belts for all seating positions, height adjustable retractable front outboard safety belts
- To see the full list of features go to the Ford Fiesta Official website
Some special features for the Fiesta include: the EasyFuel Capless Fuel Filler, Securilock passive anti-theft ignition system, SOS Post-Crash Alert System, and the AdvanceTrac electronic stability control. The EasyFuel Capless Fuel filter is a convenience feature. When the door is closed the system seals shut automatically. This helps prevent the check-engine light from illuminating needlessly, and eliminates worries about leaving the gas cap behind at the station. The Securilock passive anti-theft system is an engine immobilization system specifically designed for Ford vehicles. This system is designed to prevent the engine from being started unless a coded key programmed to your vehicle is used. Another Ford exclusive feature, the SOS Post- Crash Alert System is designed so that when the air bags are deployed, the vehicle will unlock all of its doors, turn on the 4 way flashers and sound the horn. The final Ford exclusive feature is the AdvanceTrac electronic stability control. The system includes: an anti-lock brake system, traction control, yaw control, and a vehicle motion roll sensor.
TOYOTA YARIS FEATURES:
Toyota has 3 different trim levels for the 2010 Toyota Yaris. As stated on the Toyota website, they include the 3-door liftback, 5-door liftback, and sedan.
The Yaris has many standard features and special packages. Some of the standard features include:
- Aerodynamic multi-reflector halogen headlamps
- Integrated front fog lamps
- Rear window wiper
- CFC-free air conditioning
- Audio prep package with four speakers
- Remote fuel-filler door and hood releases
- Trunk lamp
- 12V power outlet
- Star Safety System which includes: Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist
- Direct Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
- Driver and front passenger airbag with Advanced Airbag System
- Driver and front passenger front seat-mounted side airbags and front and rear side curtain airbags
- To see the full list of features go to the official Toyota Yaris website
In addition, Toyota has a variety of packages that can be put on a vehicle such as the All- Weather Guard Package, Convenience Package, Power Package, and Sports Package. The All-Weather Guard Package includes a larger window washer tank with low-level warning lamp, a heavy-duty heater, a heavy-duty starter and a rear heater duct. The Convenience Package has an excellent entertainment package that includes an AM/FM CD player with MP3/WMA playback capability, an auxiliary audio jack, satellite radio capabilities and a CD text display function. For increased functionality there is also a 60/40 split fold-down rear seat and 15 inch steel wheels with full wheel covers. The Liftback model has a sliding/ reclining feature and a rear window wiper. The Power Package is an extension of the convenience package. This package has power door locks and power windows with driver's auto-down, power outside mirrors, engine immobilizer and a remote key less entry system. The Sport package is the ultimate package on a Toyota Yaris. It includes everything the Convenience and Power packages have plus color-keyed front and rear under body spoilers, side rocker panels, a rear spoiler and unique S badge, integrated front fog lamps, IPOD interface, Auto Sound Leveling (ASL), driver and front passenger sport seats with sport fabric, and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob.
HONDA FIT FEATURES:
The Honda Fit has 2 different trim models, the Fit and the Fit sport. Some of the standard features on both trim models include:
- MacPherson Strut Front Suspension
- Torsion-Beam Rear Suspension
- Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
- Dual-Stage, Multiple-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS)
- Front Side Airbags with Passenger-Side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS)
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) Body Structure
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
- Vehicle Stability Assist with Traction Control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Air Conditioning with Air-Filtration System
- Beverage Holders (10 total)
- Door-Pocket Storage Bins, Front
- Headlights-On Reminder
- 160-Watt AM/FM/CD Audio System
- MP3/Windows Media Audio (WMA) Playback Capability
- Speed-Sensitive Volume Control (SVC)
- MP3/Auxiliary Input Jack
- To see the full list of features go to Honda Fit official website
Unique to the Honda Fit is Mugen accessories. Mugen is typically known for after market accessories. Fit owners can choose from a dozen Mugen accessories to add to their Fit Sport. Exterior accessories that can be chosen include: 16-inch alloy wheels, aluminum oil filler cap, front sports grille, front under spoiler, side spoiler, rear under spoiler, or sports silencer. Interior accessories that can be chosen include: quick shifter, shift knob, sports pedals, sports floor mats, or mirror cover.
FORD FIESTA V. HONDA FIT V. TOYOTA YARIS ESTIMATED MILES PER GALLON:
With the varying gas prices and environmental concerns, getting better gas mileage has become a focus in new vehicles. All three vehicles get excellent miles per gallon ratings. According to the Ford Motor Company website the Ford Fiesta gas mileage is 29 City and 40 Highway. Toyota reports that the Toyota Yaris gas mileage is 29 City and 36 Highway. While Honda states their Honda Fit gas mileage is 28 City and 35 Highway.
FORD FIESTA V. HONDA FIT V. TOYOTA YARIS REVIEWS:
FORD FIESTA REVIEWS:
The 2011 Ford Fiesta ranks 1 out of 30 on the US News Rankings and Reviews website. This ranking is based on an analysis of 12 published reviews and test drives of the Ford Fiesta, and the US News Rankings and Reviews analysis of reliability and safety data. The Fiesta gets high marks from almost every reviewer who has driven it because it offers things many other small cars lack: a fun driving experience and a comfortable, upscale cabin. The Fiesta has features rarely seen in the Small / sub-compact Car class, from available heated seats to Ford's SYNC system to an airbag for the driver's knees.
In comparison to the Toyota Yaris and Ford Fit, the Ford Fiesta is smaller and has a higher sticker price. However with the high price more options and safety features are included. All in all, this vehicle is good for someone that is looking for a vehicle in the sub-compact segment that has style, interior quality, driving dynamics and fuel efficiency.
TOYOTA YARIS REVIEWS:
The 2010 Toyota Yaris ranks 27 out of 30 on the US News Rankings and Reviews website. This ranking is based on an analysis of 67 published reviews and test drives of the Toyota Yaris, and the US News Rankings and Reviews analysis of reliability and safety data. The Toyota Yaris is a good value due to its superb fuel economy and comprehensive safety features. It has minimal engine power, yet many reviewers believe it is fun to drive. As an added bonus it has a “Euro” design that is unlike any other sub-compact vehicle on American roadways. Plus, it has not been a part of any of the Toyota recalls.
Compared to other leaders in the sub-compact segment it has a bare cabin, an awkward driving position, and a centrally-located dashboard. Thus it tends to have a hard time competing with other sub-compact vehicles.
HONDA FIT REVIEWS:
The 2010 Honda Fit ranks 2 out of 30 on the US News Rankings and Reviews website. This ranking is based on an analysis of 67 published reviews and test drives of the Honda Fit, and the US News Rankings and Reviews analysis of reliability and safety data. The 2010 Honda Fit has many good reviews and is known for its innovative storage options, its large list of available features and excellent engine power.
However, recently the 2007 and 2008 Honda Fit models have been a part of a recall on a faulty window switch. According to Honda, if the switch gets wet, it could cause a vehicle fire. Seven fires have been reported in the United States. Newer models are not affected by this recall. Other setbacks include that the sun visors are not big enough and the front seat is a tight fit for taller drivers.
I hope this help you in your search for a sub-compact vehicle. As always if you have further questions or need assistance in your car research you can contact Heiser Automotive Group at 888-307-4422.
Well that is all for today.
Mary Ann Scaffidi