At Heiser, 2017 is a Year of Celebration. Marking our 100th year in business is a big deal! And, we're so grateful to our customers and the community.
I wanted to fill you in on what we are doing for the month of February. Heiser is celebrating a century in business! So, we are giving back to the community that made it possible! For every new vehicle purchased or leased in the month of February, Heiser will donate $100 to the American Heart Association.
February is American Heart Month and we are so excited to be partnering with the American Heart Association.This is a charity that does so much good and has touched so many people in the community and Nationwide. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to give back. You can see more details on our promotion or schedule an appointment at http://bit.ly/2kUjgRV.
Here are a few eye-opening statistics on Cardiovascular Disease that I wanted to share with you all:
- Cardiovascular disease, including heart disease and stroke, remains the leading global cause of death with more than 17.3 million deaths each year.
- There are about 2,200 cardiovascular disease deaths each day, an average of 1 death every 40 seconds
- Cardiovascular disease, listed as the underlying cause of death, accounts for nearly 801,000 deaths in the US. That's about 1 of every 3 deaths in the US
- Cardiovascular diseases claim more lives each year than all forms of cancer and Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease combined.
- About 92.1 million American adults are living with some form of cardiovascular disease or the after-effects of stroke. Direct and indirect costs of cardiovascular disease and stroke are estimated to total more than $316 billion; that includes both health expenditures and lost productivity.
Here are a few statistics on the American Heart Association:
- The American Heart Association does not conduct research. The organization uses donations to fund research projects. The research applications are carefully weighed and selected by teams of scientists and healthcare professionals who volunteer for the association.
- The American Heart Association has funded 13 Nobel Prize winners and several important medical breakthroughs, including techniques and standards for CPR, the first artificial heart valve, implantable pacemakers, cholesterol inhibitors, microsurgery and drug-coated stents.
- The American Heart Association funds more research into cardiovascular diseases and stroke than any organization except for the federal government.
- The American Heart Association has funded more than $4 billion in research since 1949.
See additional information on the American Heart Association at http://bit.ly/2liGqlk.
Today's Your Day to Spread the love at Heiser!